Sunday, March 29, 2009

snow day




Woke up Thursday morning to find that our beautiful spring weather had been completely whisked away overnight. I spent the day shoveling and playing with the pup outside. I love this polaroid of her; the snow looks purple next to the white background. I went to a wine tasting at Burnt Toast with Sara and Dave and Yambear, then came home and crafted! Snowy days are the best for crafting.


{note the beautiful pup on the bed. also, my room is a mess, please 'scuse}

I sewed all of my vintage handkerchiefs along a ribbon to make a garland. It felt like a springtimey thing to do, like a May Day craft or something. Like, if I made an homage to spring, it would come back. I know Colorado needs all the moisture we can get (and according to the weather, it's supposed to snow again tomorrow). But I want springtime! I'm ready to start my flower garden. I'm ready to wear dresses w/0 tights. I'm ready to get some new freckles. Come back, spring!


2 comments:

Amber said...

how will you blow your nose now?

Sarah O said...

you know, I thought about that. luckily, my vintage handkerchief collection is boundless.