Wednesday, June 10, 2009

santa fe, as sung by christian bale

Hey there folks. Sorry for the hiatus. In the months-ish since I last posted, a lot has happened. I moved to Santa Fe for grad school. Cue the song from Newsies:


It's absolutely beautiful here. I took this photo from campus with my PHONE. Phones have cameras now, fyi. I'm slowly falling into a rhythm here — a rhythm that, unsurprisingly, consists of more tequila drinking and less school work then I'd like to admit. But I'm learning, I swear. Jack Kelly dreams (and sings) so longingly about Santa Fe for good reason. I love it here. I got stung by a wasp. I saved a mousie trapped in the library. Oh yeah! And David Sedaris came here! He talked about breast milk and distributing condoms to teenagers and buying olive oil and strawberries at Costco with his brother-in-law. He seemed tired, like all the traveling and speaking was wearing him down. But he was still funny as hell. When it was our turn to get our books signed, one of my friends asked him, "so this is the next book in the Twilight series, right?" I think Sedaris thought that was pretty funny.

But I miss my cool Colorado cats. Everyone is scattering. K8's in California. Dennis, Gretchen and Piedra are in Oklahoma. Drew is in Tajikistan (which he assures me is, in fact, a real country). Amber is leaving for Portland. My heart is tugged in so many directions.

Come visit me. Send me your address and I'll write you a letter. Or I'll send you a tape of me singing "Santa Fe." Or better yet, "Sieze the Day!"

Love,
SOS

2 comments:

Christian Bale Sock Monkey said...

newsies sell papes

CBSM said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNQ0vnLtDY

love you...